If you would like to make a donation to the charity then we would of course be thrilled and if you would like your donation to go to a specific project or school sponsorship then this can be specified.
Donations may be made through one of the methods listed below:-
- BACS for single payment or Direct Debit – for regular monthly or annual payments may be made using the bank details :-Gorkha Development Scheme – Sort Code 201995 Account Number 10318302
- Online Donations – can be made via Wonderful or Paypal.
- Cheque – send a cheque payable to Gorkha Development Scheme to :- GDS Treasurer, 60 Harcourt Road, Bushey, Herts. WD23 3PE
- Standing Order – set up annual payments through your bank for specific projects e.g. school sponsorship using account details above or download our Standing Order form, complete and present to your bank.
GIFT AID – If you are a UK taxpayer, then providing us with your name, address and postcode and this will allow us to collect Gift Aid which means your donation is increased by 25% at no additional cost to you. This will maximise the benefits of your donation for the projects in Gorkha.
Notification of payments – In order for us to track payments and make gift aid claims, PLEASE inform us of any donations made via email to email@example.com
Shopping online through Amazon Smile and Easyfundraising
If you shop online then you can help fundraise for GDS with nearly every item you purchase – at no additional cost to you.
Easyfundraising – Follow the guidance below and shop from over 4,000 online stores (including Amazon, ebay and Tescos) t raise money for GDS. Invite a friend to do the same by sending them the link that is offered via email, Facebook or twitter. When they have raised £10.00 then the charity will automatically gain an additional £5.00 – again at no cost to you or them
- Easyfundraising Guidance
- Click the link – see the GDS mountain logo
- Click the support us now button
- Fill in your name, email and password
- Install the ‘Find and Remind toolbar’ – When you are ready to buy, it will let you know if the store is part of the fundraising scheme then you just click to activate the donation at time of purchase.
Amazon Smile. Again download to your toolbar and that’s it, you are ready to shop.
Each time you buy online the community in Nepal will benefit.
Hosting a fundraising event
We can all do a bit of fundraising and have fun from holding a simple coffee morning, car boot sale or a bigger ticket event of some kind if you feel adventurous. GDS may be able to help with ideas or materials and certainly with Gift Aid forms, so that you are able to maximise all donations. If you would like to be involved or help fundraising in some way then contact us.
Booking a speaker for a club or interested group
Linda Blunt has presented talks to various groups including Women’s Institute (WI) and horticulture and gardening clubs throughout Essex. All of the money raised by these talks over many years, has been donated to the Nepali charity for the sponsorship of children in school and other projects
Topics for talks include:
- Running a Charity in Nepal
- Plants and People of Nepal.
- Familiar Exotics – plants from around the world and how we use them.
- Plant Identification
- Propagation – demonstrations on seasonal propagation including cuttings and rose budding and the science within propagation.
- Arboriculture ( Darren Blunt who will also donate to GDS)
If you are interested in hosting a presentation then please contact us. Fees are approx £80 depending on group size with plants and sometimes jams and chutney offered for sale.