Fundraising is of course a critical part of any charity especially when the aim is to work with and enable a number of projects in a developing country. We are always in need of funds and welcome any ideas for fundraising or any donations large or small. Recent fundraising has been through a wide range of events and efforts to include quizes, garden open and plant sales, talks and the sale of Christmas wreaths, jams and chutney and also through the contributions made by volunteers.
Please note, we are only a group of 8 people working, studying and trying to do what we can for the wonderful but less fortunate people of Nepal so any help is greatly appreciated.
How can you help?
Donations If you would like to make donations either for a specific project or as general support for the charity then we would of course be thrilled to hear from you. If you would like to make a donation this would be fantastic so please make payment through one of the methods listed below.
- BACS – payment by BACS to:-Gorkha Development Scheme – Sort Code 201995 Account Number 10318302
- Paypal – Donate online through paypal
- Cheque – send a cheque payable to Gorkha Development Scheme to – ‘GDS Treasurer, 11 Vivian Gardens, Wembley, London, HA9 6RF
Gift Aid – If you are a tax payer in the UK then please make sure that any donations or efforts from fundraising are accompanied by a Gift Aid form. This ensures that every £1.00 you donate is then actually worth £1.25 to the charity as the tax is claimed back from the government and goes direct to the charity. That’s amazing so make sure we don’t miss out. GIFT AID
- Website/Facebook – Follow the updates on this website and follow us facebook and encourage friends,to help too, there is also a paypal link.
- Newsletters – Download our latest GDS newsletter and send to as many people as you can or print out and distribute to let others know about us.
- Fundraising – yes we can all do a bit of fundraising and have fun from a simple coffee morning, car boot sales or a bigger ticket event of some kind if you feel adventurous.If you would like to be involved or help fundraising in some way then contact us at email@example.com for more ideas, leaflets and posters to help you.
Fundraising through shopping online through Easyfundraising
- Do you buy books from Amazon or do online shopping from M&S, Argos etc? Well, if in future you buy each item through this link then you will be fundraising for the projects in Gorkha. It will NOT cost you any more but we will receive a commission,
- Just add Easyfundraising to your toolbar and each time you shop from over 2,000 stores (including Amazon, ebay and Tescos) then a donation is made to the charity – at no cost to you. It is a simple and effective form of fundraising that we can all do. All you have to do is follow the link below, complete a simple registration, PLEASE TICK THE GIFT AID BOX as you sign on and then buy your items as usual. http://www.easyfundraising.
- If you want a bit more guidance see instructions
- We would love it if you could pass this link onto your friends and they can help too. When they have raised £10 then an additional £5.00 is donated to the charity.
Fundraising talks on Horticultural topics and GDS charity and Nepal
- Linda Blunt has presented talks to various groups to include WI and horticulture / gardening clubs throughout Essex. All of the money raised by these talks over a number of years, has been donated to the Nepali charity to raise money for projects and the sponsorship of children in school.
Topics for talks have included:
• Plants and People of Nepal.
• The jungle in your home and garden
• Propagation – demonstrations on seasonal propagation including cuttings and rose budding and the science within propagation.
Darren Blunt has also presented talks to various groups on Arboriculture and trees and has also kindly donated the money raised to the charity amounting to several hundred pounds.
- If you are interested in hosting a presentation then please contact us and Linda will be in touch with you.