Fundraising is of course a critical part of any charity especially when the aim is to work with and enable a number of projects in a developing country. We are always in need of funds and welcome any ideas for fundraising or any donations large or small. Fundraising continues to be through a wide range of events and efforts by Trustees, Volunteers, friends and strangers.
- Regular events such as Quiz Nights, Garden Opens, Fundraising Nepali Dinner, Horticulture and Charity Talks, the sale of Christmas Wreaths, Plants Jams and Chutney.
- Other funds have been raised via Triathon, Work dress down days, Raffles, non Christmas cards donations and some donations both small and very generous.
- School Sponsorship via annual payments and monthly donations and just offerings to support what we do are kindly given.
- The guidance and support offered to each Volunteer also results in payment towards projects and homestay in Gorkha.
Please note, we are only a group of 6 working people trying to do what we can for the very wonderful but less fortunate people of Gorkha, Nepal, so any help is greatly appreciated.
How can you help?
Go to Making a Donation for easy ways of making a payment to GDS
- Website/Facebook – Follow the updates on this website and follow us facebook and encourage friends,to follow us too.
- Newsletters – Download our latest GDS newsletter and send to as many people as you can or print out and distribute to let others know about us. If you would like to receive 1/2 per year then contact us
- Fundraising – yes we can all do a bit of fundraising and have fun from a simple coffee morning, car boot sales or a bigger ticket event of some kind if you feel adventurous.If you would like to be involved or help fundraising in some way then contact us at email@example.com for more ideas, leaflets and posters to help you.
Fundraising just by shopping online through Easyfundraising
- Do you do online shopping from M&S, Argos etc? Well, if in future you buy each item through this link then you will be fundraising for the projects in Gorkha. It will NOT cost you any more but we will receive a commission,
- Just add Easyfundraising to your toolbar and each time you shop from over 4,000 online stores (including Amazon, ebay and Tescos) then a donation is made to the charity – at no cost to you. It is a simple and effective form of fundraising that we can all do. All you have to do is follow the link below, complete a simple registration, PLEASE TICK THE GIFT AID BOX as you sign on and then buy your items as usual. http://www.easyfundraising.
- If you want a bit more guidance see Easy Fundraising guidance
- We would love it if you could pass this link onto your friends and they can help too.
Fundraising talks on Horticultural topics and GDS charity and Nepal
- Linda Blunt has presented talks to various groups to include WI and horticulture / gardening clubs throughout Essex. All of the money raised by these talks over a number of years, has been donated to the Nepali charity to raise money for projects and the sponsorship of children in school.
Topics for talks have included:
- Running a Charity in Nepal
- Plants and People of Nepal.
- Familiar exotics – plants from around the world and their uses
- Propagation – demonstrations on seasonal propagation including cuttings and rose budding and the science within propagation.
- Darren Blunt has also presented talks to various groups on Arboriculture and trees and has also kindly donated the money raised to the charity amounting to several hundred pounds
If you are interested in hosting a presentation then please contact us and Linda will be in touch with you.