Whether you are wanting to spend 3 months or 3 weeks in Nepal, we would love to hear from you if you are interested in volunteering.
We will need to know a bit about you – your experiences and skills and what you might be able to offer to the people in Gorkha. After initial contact we will be able to send you lots more information and guidance but to get you started.
What we do –
- Hold initial discussions with you and make arrangements to meet with you if appropriate.
- Offer guidance for your volunteering experience
- Help make arrangements for for your arrival and accommodation in Kathmandu.
- Provide you with contact details of local people to help throughout your stay.
- Through our sister charity in Gorkha, arrangements can be made for a home stay with a family in Gorkha this will include accommodation and food
- If you prefer arrangements can be made for you to stay at the local hotel in Gorkha with favorable rates for volunteers..
- The volunteering package to include advise, arrangements and home stay will be £100.00 per week.for each volunteers.
- We will make arrangements to get you started in your volunteering whether in school or other projects.
- Provide additional guidance for your trip
What we ask from you–
- Commit to at least 2 weeks volunteering in Gorkha, Nepal
- Communicate with us re your proposed plans and meet with us if possible,
- Arrange your own flights, insurance and medical care.
- Forward funds to GDS as appropriate for your visit prior to your departure. This payment will be used in total for accommodation and projects in Gorkha. If you are a UK taxpayer then Payment to be made through gift aid please as this will ensure 25p extra can be claimed for each £1.00 paid in.
- We would also hope that you would consider Fundraising to enhance a project of your choice either prior to your departure or upon your return. Again, all money transfered with gift aid details will help even more.
- Contact us now to get the process started
If you are interested in volunteering and have shown your initial interest by contacting us via the website we will soon have discussions with you. We will ask for your details and your interests and of course what you can offer as a volunteer.
When ready to progress we will forward you very detailed advice to volunteers/medical electives as appropriate.
However, we can also offer you links to do some background research and advice.
For gaining addition medical travel advice for Nepal it is recommended you visit your Doctor, however, you can get advice from MASTA
Books for Nepal travel Please buy these through Amazon and our fundraising link at http://www.easyfundraising.
You will need to complete a simple registration, and you will automatically be fundraising for us – easy as that.
- Lonely Planet Nepal
- Nepal The Rough Guide
- Footprint Nepal Handbook